Monday, March 26, 2007

The Better to Hear You With My Dear!

I am on Spring Break this week due to my teaching job. And although I am three days in I am not really feeling like it yet. It's hard to break away from the routine and just relax. Two days ago on Saturday my parents and my brother came to help us paint our new condo. We finished most of it but we still need to go and paint three more rooms. In the meantime, the apartment we are living in until we move into the condo is getting smaller by the second. Actually, as I sit here on the couch and look out, I think I can see the walls inching in.
Our apartment is one big open room. When, and if, I cook, my husband watches TV and talks to me from the couch. I think we both rather like this arrangment as we are not forced to make conversation, but when we want to it's easy and convenient.
Our new condo on the other hand, has a seperated kitchen and living room. As we were painting and cleaning it kindof started to sink in that this would mean things would be changed up a bit. Trying to have a conversation with this arrangment would mean the upstairs neighbor would be banging on his floor! Just wait 'til we start jamming out to Toby Mac!
It's always the little things!
I am looking forward to moving in- as it stands, our wedding presents are in stacks in the garage. I just went through our registry last night so I could remember all the gifts we were given. Sheets, towels, mixing bowls, cookware, plates, glasses, and on and on and on. I can't wait to start using it all, becasue at the age of 33, I was starting to think I would never get married and almost just threw myself a big 'ole shebang so I could finally have the "stuff" I would need to have a grown up dinner party and bedroom.
Funny thing is is that once I started following the Word I didn't really care about all of that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This will be sooo therapeutic. Good for you. And I know you're gonna be settled in the condo in no time at all. ;)