Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's the Little Things

Just to make sure it wasn't some kind of sick joke, I actually looked up the number to Empire Carpets before I called them. And it's true- that really is their number.
The guy came by today.
And carpet isn't nearly as cheap as I thought it was.
How quickly I was changing my tune when I was hearing final and total costs.
I suddenly went from a classy girl to a conservative girl that went from the trendy versaille stuff all the way down to the chintzy berber stuff.
And personally, I don't really care all that much- I do want it to look nice and match the newly painted walls... and I want the resale value to be okay.
I think we did okay and will be happy enough with our choices.
The next time my little piggies are gracing soft and mushy sandy suede carpet, I will be sure to mention to the owner that I enjoy stepping on their carpets and thanks very much for sharing.

No comments: