Saturday, March 24, 2007

Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

So last summer I welcomed JC into my life and into my heart. It's been great and I wouldn't change it, but humbling... SO humbling. The biggest challenge of my flesh has been with my former-problably-won't-stay-that-way-friends.
It's hard to tell the girls I used to get hammered with that I now view thier playground as a sinner's mecca and I won't have anything to do with it. They either judge me or feel like I am judging. Either which way it is stressful and unless they become saved our friendship(s) are going to have a hard time making it. They have NO idea how hard this has all been. And despite the difficulties I may face or have encountered, there is no way I am going back nor do I want to. Me and J.C. are tight and I want to keep it that way by following his word the best I can- and I am afraid- Slugging 'em back in an Irish pub all afternoon after sleeping in and skipping church isn't getting me ANY closer to a "Welcome and come on in!" at those pearly gates.
Opportunities for new friendships are beginning to blossom and I welcome them, but it's never the same as meeting an old girlfriend for lunch and letting her here you vent and then you hearing HER vent and then laughing it all away... together! Nowadays when I find myself driving to meet an old friend I usually feel tense for the barrage of questions and interrogations I will get for my new lifestyle choices. New friends don't offer the same comforts.
I am trying to be patient.

No comments: