Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cry Baby

It came to me through a conversation of late that I was whining. I heard myself whining out loud over a shepard salad, flaming saganaki, and the cheapest bottle of white AND after a two hundred dollar shopping spree.
Doesn't really sound like I had a lot to whine about. But I am stressed out. And this luxurious day to me was just that- a special luxury organized just in time to avoid a total nervous breakdown in the face of another move. With five days notice. Have I mentioned I am a planner?
Anyway- last October, I got engaged. By November I had a wedding dress, an engagement party, a wedding hall ( after several, VERY stress filled adventures!) AND a wedding date.
By December I moved out of my city apartment and into my fiance's apartment in the suburbs, coneviently located only ten minutes from work.
In Januray, I was the guest of honor at several showers and the wedding invitations were in the mail and a photogrpaher was officially chosen. Appointments were booked for hair and nails and flowers were given the final a-okay. Oh yeah- and mu fiance and I were baptised and I ran the talent show at work....
In February, we bought a condo and got married. And I was responsible for running the Turnabout Dance at work....
In March, I collapsed in exhaustion. JUST kidding! In March, we painted all seven rooms of the condo along with added new carpeting. And we are moving on Wednesday of this week. And I organized and attended the Snowball retreat at work...
And so THURSDAY I will collapse in exhaustion. Oh wait, I can't... I am going to a play that night and don't want to miss it!
Is it weird to already be looking forward to next weekend when it's only Saturday of THIS weekend?
I am really looking forward to my life settling down a little bit. Even good changes are stressful.
At least today I took some time to get a hair cut at Great Clips and had my nails done. It's stuff like that that makes me feel not completely out of control and like I am not a complete wreck.
I am looking forward to church tomorrow and signed up to attend a women's retreat at the end of the month. I am keeping my eye on God and know that this will be for the best and over soon!
Sigh.

No comments: